Grilled Smoky Beef Burger on a Mushroom Bun with Rocket & Smashed Avocado
4 25 Min (15Mins Preparation / 10 Mins Cooking Time)
- 400g beef mince
- 21/2 tbs Celebrate Health BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small zucchini, grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- 4 large (about 120g each) field mushrooms
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into 5mm thick rings
- 4 x 20g slices cheddar cheese
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 1 1/2 tbs Celebrate Health Tomato Sauce
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Using clean hands combine mince, smoked paprika, grated zucchini and 1 tablespoon of BBQ Sauce in a large bowl. Shape into four 2cm-thick patties.
- Heat a large chargrill pan over medium-high heat, brush patties and mushrooms lightly with oil. Cook mushrooms for 4-5 minutes each side or until mushrooms are lightly charred and tender. Cook burgers for 4 minutes or until underside is lightly charred. Turn burgers and cook for 2 minutes. Top each burger with a slice of cheese and cook for a further 2 minutes or until burgers are cooked through and cheese is melted. Cook onion rings for 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, combine Tomato Sauce and remaining BBQ sauce in a small bowl.
- To serve, top each mushroom with avocado, rocket, sliced tomato, a burger patty and onion rings. Serve drizzled with the sauce.
Tip: You can swap the mushroom buns with gluten free burger buns for a non-keto version.
Nutrition claim: This recipe contains one-fifth of your RDI for dietary fibre and over 3 serves of vegetables, so it’s ideal for those on a Keto diet.
Per serve: 33.6g protein 36.4g fat (12.9g saturated fat) 6.2g carb 5.9g dietary fibre 2104kJ (503 Cals) 416mg sodium